Many times, it happens that when you turn on your Roku tv, it shows black screen with just Home Menu displayed on the black screen. In this situation different types of questions start hovering in your mind, like, what is wrong with my device? What could have happened? Is the TV set to old to function properly or maybe it could be the Roku device? Most times it makes a sound and other times its totally blank with no audio.
Many owners are getting a black on their tv while using TCL Roku tv and Roku streaming stick.
Sometimes, they get a black screen with some sound. Users can switch on TV without any issue but after 5-10 minutes of streaming they are getting a blank screen. It has been reported that users get a black flickering screen on their TCL Roku TV while using a Roku streaming stick.
Reasons behind why Roku shows a black screen
- The streaming stick is not plugged in properly.
- Poor internet connection.
- A temporary glitch on the TCL Roku tv can cause the black screen issue.
- The backlight of your TCL Roku TV is having an issue.
Wrecked cables, low power sources, updated software could be the other reasons for showing a Roku TV black screen .
Screen going black is a trivial challenge that could be easily fixed by you.
Ways to fix black screen on TCL Roku TV ?
Power cycle your Roku.
The easiest way to fix this issue is to power cycle your Roku TV. You can also get a black screen on your TCL Roku TV because of the technical glitch.
- Make sure your tv is turned on, to check this you can press the volume up button then you will hear sound from your tv.
- Now pull the plug of your TCL Roku tv from the power socket.
- Leave it unplugged for 30-60 seconds.
- Put the plug back into the pocket socket and turn on your TCL Roku tv.
- Now you will see the Roku dancing logo on your screen.
After following the above-mentioned steps your tv will not get a black screen on your TCL Roku TV.
A black screen issue son Roku devices many a times occur due to a loose cables therefore make sure that all the cables or wires on your TV are installed properly.
Restart your Roku TV using remote
The resetting method has helped many users in the past to reset their TCL Roku tv while having a black screen. This resetting method will help you, if you’re getting a black screen on your Roku TCL TV.
You need to follow a button combination given below to reset your TCL Roku tv.
- Home five times
- Up once
- Rewind twice
- Fast forward twice
The reset process might take 30 secs to 1 minute. Let the reset process complete. After that try streaming anything on your TV. You will not get the black screen issue on your Roku TV.
Power Cycle TCL Roku TV is the alternate method to fix the black screen issue. This is another way to fix the black screen on the TCL Roku tv. The power cycle method has worked for many TCL Roku TV owners.
- Pull the plug of your TCL Roku TV from the power source.
- Now look for reset button for at least 30 seconds.
- Plug in Roku TV and let it start.
Now the black screen issue will not appear on your Roku tv.
Tweak fast start option on Roku TV
According to the reports by the users enabling or disabling the fast start option on their Roku tv will fix the black screen issue. This method has been tried and tested by many users.
Setting the fast start option on your Roku Tv follows the following steps:
- Press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Now go to the setting option
- Select system
- Select the power option
- Now if the fast start is disabled, enable it. If it is enabled and you are still getting the error then disable it.
You can check whether you are getting a black screen on your Roku Tv or not after making these changes.
Factory reset on your TCL TV
Resetting the TC Roku to factory settings in a situation where you’re getting a black screen after 5-10 minutes of turning on your TV.
TCL Roku to factory settings (note: doing this will erase everything from your Roku TV)
- Press the home button on your Roku remote.
- Now go to the settings option.
- Select the system option then select the advanced settings.
- Now select the factory reset option and then select factory reset.
- Now enter the pin to confirm
- Wait till the reset process is complete
- Now setup tour TV again
Fix black screen on Roku streaming stick
Follow the following button combination on the Roku streaming stick remote to restart it.
- Hit Home twice to ensure that you are absolutely at the beginning point.
- Press Up
- Down 3 times
- Now press ok
If the above-mentioned steps are followed correctly then you will see the Roku logo on your screen after sometime and you will not face the black screen issue on your Roku streaming stick.
Installation of Roku streaming stick
The issue of black screen on you TV might take place if the Roku streaming stick is not installed or inserted properly into the tv HDMI slot. To fix this unplug the stick from the tv then plug it back into your tv. While putting it in push it a little further to avoid any chances of loose connection. Now turn it on and check if this fixes the issue or not.
Using HDMI will fix the overheating issue of the Roku stick and it will not let you face the black screen issue on your Roku tv.
System update the Roku
Try System update of your Roku streaming stick.
- Just Take the Roku remote and press the Home button once.
- Press the up or down key and scroll to select settings.
- Locate and select the system and then system update
- Here you will find the current Roku software version and build version with date and time. Select check now, if there are any updates available it will download and install them automatically.
Contact TCL Roku
The led backlight on the Roku TV stops working which causes the Roku TV black screen issue . Many users face this issue. In such a scenario, try contacting TCL Roku or Roku for help because only they can help you in this case.