Roku stick not connecting to WiFi is one of the most common issues users face while using the roku streaming stick. This issue makes the streaming device almost unusable and prevents the users from streaming online content. Other than this, the users cannot even take benefits of the features of the Roku stick. Therefore, if the users encounter the roku stick not connecting to WiFi issue, then the troubleshooting steps provided below would be helpful to fix the error.
Since the Roku stick not connecting to WiFi usually caused by the network source, so this issue can be resolved by troubleshooting the wireless network. Moreover, the users can also fix this issue by making some changes to the Roku streaming stick network settings. However, move ahead and check out the information provided in the section below to learn how to fix the issue.
Steps to fix roku stick not connecting to WiFi issue
Roku is a great streaming device that allows users to stream their favorite audio or video content. However, with time, the users face network issues that prevent them from streaming online content. So, the users facing such issues are suggested to follow the prompts below to eliminate the problem.
There are a couple of troubleshooting methods to fix the Roku stick not connecting to WiFi issue. So, the users experiencing such an issue are recommended to perform the troubleshooting steps described below to eliminate the error.
Roku is kept far from the Wi-Fi
The signal strength of the network may reduce over distances. However, in some cases, it may even get weak due to physical obstructions. Therefore, the users are suggested to move the Roku device close to the Wi-Fi router. However, sometimes moving the Roku device closer to the router will improve the wireless signal strength and improve the connection.
Disable Network Pings on Roku
Through the help of the troubleshooting steps provided below, the users can easily eliminate the issue. However, the users will have to press a series of buttons on their roku remote to activate a secret settings menu. Therefore, the users are advised to press the following buttons to activate the secret menu simply.
- Initially, press the “Home” button 5 times.
- After this, click on the “Fast Forward” option.
- Then tap on the “Play” option.
- Now hit on the “Rewind” option.
- Again click on the “Play” option.
- Then again, click on the “Fast Forward” option.
So, if the user performs the steps correctly, then the “platform secret screen” will get open. Now the users are recommended to follow the below-mentioned steps to disable network pings on the Roku device.
- First of all, on the “Platform Secret Screen,” the users are suggested to go to the “System Operations Menu” option.
- After this, from there, locate the “Disable Network Pings” and select it.
- Now the users are suggested to perform the system restart steps provided below.
- Go to the “Home Menu” option.
- After this, from there, select the “Settings” option.
- Then scroll down to the “Network” option and select it.
- Now the users are advised to select the “System” option.
- Then from there, go to the “System Restart” option.
- After this, select the “Restart” option.
So by performing these steps, the users are suggested to wait for the Roku device to reboot itself. Therefore, once the Roku device restarts, the Roku device will easily connect to the Wireless connection.
Wrong or Incorrect Wi-Fi password
- The users may be facing Roku Stick Not Connecting To WiFi due to the incorrect Wi-Fi password. Thus, the users may be typing incorrect Wi-Fi password. Yes, it is possible if the user changes any settings on their router or the Wi-Fi network.
- The users are recommended to check whether they are using the correct Wi-Fi password or not.
- Note: The default username and the password are written on the side of the router.
So these were the troubleshooting steps to fix the Roku Stick Not Connecting to WiFi issue. However, if any user is not able to resolve the issue, they must get in touch with the experts for assistance.
If Your Roku Device any Problems So Visit website:- Roku Not Working