Roku Error Code 009 is encountered by many users when they launch or start their Roku TV. Error code 009 Roku , displays on your screen when your device is facing some connectivity issue with the internet. This issue occurs when your Roku TV fails to access the internet connection.
Grounds that causes Roku Error Code 009
Defective DNS Cache
DNS cache refers to the temporary storage of information about previous DNS look-ups in your browser history and it helps you to quickly retrieve it when you visit the site next time. The cache gets corrupted which in turn interrupts the establishing process to connect to the internet.
Fluctuations in Internet Speed
A Cranky internet connection could be the core reason to come across this issue when you try streaming on Roku. It requires a strong and stable internet connection to successfully avail of this service.
In cases, when the router is not well configured, then you may face this Error Code 009 Roku . The router is the main source to help you to connect to the internet. Therefore, it should be properly set to resolve the issue.
Loose or unattached cables could be one of the reasons which trigger this Error Code 009. Therefore, be certain that all the cables connecting the devices are plugged in correctly.
Vast Distance between Router and Device
If the router and the streaming device are placed at a greater distance, then, internet speed might falloff which can cause Roku Error Code 009.
Due to ISP
While streaming a particular service in Roku, you may face this Error when the websites are blocked from ISP. Kindly, contact your ISP to fix this.
Restart Router\modem and network equipment and Roku Device
- Switch off your Roku devices and unplug cable wires from the power socket board.
- Turn off your router/modem when the power goes off.
- Now, wait at least 1 minute and put back all devices cable wire to the socket board.
- First of all, turn on your router and then all devices.
- Now, try to play Roku and check if you’re still facing the Roku error code 009.
Clear Roku Cache to Fix Error 009
- Press the “home” button to access the Roku home screen.
- Now press the “Home” buttons 5 times, press the “Up” button, “rewind” button 2 times, and “fast-forward”2 times.
- After this Roku will clear the cache from the device and restart in 30 seconds.
Check if the Roku error code 009 is fixed on your TV.
Resetting the Network Settings
- Open Roku and log in to your account.
- Head to settings and click on the “System”
- In the next screen, select “System Restart “and click on the “Network Connection Reset”
- Wait for the device to reset and it will automatically restart.
- When the device turns on, click on the “Settings “option and then select “Network”.
- Click on the “WIFI ”option, Select the “Setup New WIFI Connection Option”.
- Select the “WIFI” you want to connect to and then select the “I am athame”.
- Select the “Automatic” in all further options and enter the password.
- Once the connection is complete, check to see if the issue persists.
Check Network Connectivity on Roku
- Press the “Home” button on your Roku remote and scroll up or down to select “settings”.
- Select “network” and then select “check connection”.
Now, examine if the network is strong or not. If the network is not strong enough, then, follow the steps mentioned below:
- Reduce the distance between your Roku and your Router.
- Make sure, that, no other devices are connected to WIFI.
- You can also make use of the ethernet connection to enhance the connectivity speed.
- Also, place your router in some higher altitude place to have a strong signal.
Factory reset Roku device
- Turn on Roku and log in by Roku id and password.
- With the help of a Roku remote go to settings>>system
- Choose the “advanced system settings”
- Select “factory reset ”and then factory reset everything.
- Now follow the instruction on-screen and restart your device and log in with your credential.
After following the above-mentioned steps, you will be able to fix the Roku Error Code 009. If the error still persists, then, you are recommended to check other guides for the solution and contact the Roku helpline.