However, users still face Roku not connecting to WiFi issues. Thus, the users facing such an issue must check out the complete information provided here. Hence, with the help of the troubleshooting steps provided here, it will help the users to troubleshoot the issue.
Roku is a fantastic streaming device that connects to the TV and runs with the help of an internet connection. However, if the streaming device is not connected to the wireless connection, the users may face Roku not connecting to WiFi issue. Therefore, the users are advised to read the complete guide to resolve the issue carefully.
Roku requires a strong and stable internet connection to stream online content. But, if there is no network or the internet connection is lost after performing the setup procedure, the users cannot stream their favorite content. Hence by applying the troubleshooting steps described below, the users can easily eliminate the Roku not connecting to Wi-Fi issue. So, read the complete procedure and apply the same to fix the problem.
Reason behind Roku not connecting to Internet
Following are the reasons behind the Roku not connecting to Wi-Fi.
- An issue with establishing a connection with a wireless router.
- Poor internet connection
Steps to fix Roku not connecting to WiFi
Roku streaming devices enable the users to access audio and video from the internet. But, there must be a good connection from the streaming device to the network and the network to the internet. However, if there is an internet issue, users may fail to access their favorite content.
The users who come across a Roku error message, i.e., “Roku not connecting to WiFi,” should follow the troubleshooting steps below to resolve the issue.
Note: The users are suggested to restart the device to fix the issue. If the problem persists the same, the users are advised to carry out the steps below.
Enter the right name for the wireless network
- Choosing the wrong network name may result in a wireless network connection failing. So, ensure that the Roku device is connected to the same network to which the system or the mobile is connected.
- If the network name is not available in the network list, users must perform a scan to see all networks.
- After this, connect the Roku streaming device to the right wireless network to troubleshoot the issue.
Enter the network password correctly
- The users are suggested to re-enter the password.
- The users may face an issue with entering the password, so consider entering the password again.
Note: Make sure that the password should be case-sensitive.
Check whether the router is working properly
- The users are recommended to use a system or a mobile device, connect to the home network, and then access the internet by opening any website.
- If the users can connect to the internet from another device, it states that the router successfully provides internet access.
- If the users fail to connect to the internet, they are suggested to restart the router to eliminate the Roku not connecting to Wi-Fi issue.
Improve the Wireless Signal strength
- If the password entered is correct and the user can access the internet on another device, but still, Roku is failing to connect to the wireless network, then the issue might be with the strength of the wireless signal.
- The users are suggested to move the Roku device and the router closer; thus, the signal strength will get stronger.
- If there are fewer objects or walls between them, then the signal will get stronger.
- The users are suggested to try moving the Roku device closer for improving the signal strength.
Restart the Roku device and the router
The users are advised to restart both devices, i.e., “Roku streaming device” and the “wireless router.”
Restart the Roku device
- Go to the “Settings” option.
- Then select the “System” option.
- After that, tap on the “System Restart” option.
Restart the router
- The users are suggested to restart the wireless router.
- Unplug the wireless router from the power supply and insert it again.
- After that, let the router start again.
- Then connect the router with the Roku device.
So after performing the above-discussed troubleshooting steps, the users can easily resolve the Roku not connecting to WiFi issue. However, after completing the steps, the problem remains the same, then the users are suggested to ask for help from the Roku experts.
if Your Roku Device any Problems So Visit website:- Roku Not Working