Roku comprises best-in-class features and is a user-friendly streaming device that allows users to watch their favorite content. Despite its features, some users still encounter technical hitches. Thus amongst those glitches, How do I find my Roku IP address without the remote? Is the one that the user comes across while using the Roku device.
Through the troubleshooting steps provided here regarding how do I find my Roku IP address without the remote? It would get easy for all users to get out of the trouble. So the users are advised to check the complete information provided below and get the issue resolved.
Things to consider
Roku remote: The users are suggested to go to the Roku device settings, search for the networking option. Then look under the “about” option to find the Roku IP address.
Router: Go to a web browser and enter the router’s IP address in the address bar to open the admin user-interface. After that, look for the list of the connected devices.
Chrome Extension: The users are suggested to open a chrome browser and then install the remoku add-on. After that, go to the remoku settings and scan for the IP address of the wireless network.
Troubleshooting steps to find the Roku ip address without the remote
It is a little bit tricky to connect any Roku streaming device to a Wi-Fi access point without a remote. However, the users are recommended to download and install the Roku application on their device. Also, with the help of the troubleshooting steps adhere
below, the users can fix the how do I find my Roku ip address without the remote? In a very quick and easy manner.
Note: The users are advised to connect the Roku device with a wireless or wired network connection. However, without the network connection, the Roku device does not have an IP address. If the network is not able to detect the Roku IP address The users are advised to apply the steps provided below if the wireless network cannot detect the Roku IP address.
- Initially, ensure that the Roku device is visible or not by going through the network setup.
- If the Roku device is visible, then there would be a notification, i.e., “awake” mentioned on the screen.
- Now from the Roku device, click on the Settings option and go to the network option.
- After checking the network connection, tap on the “Try Again” option available in the Roku mobile app.
- If it is not working, then close the Roku mobile app.
- Then turn OFF the wireless connection and then re-install the mobile application.
- Note: The users are advised to ensure that the Roku device and the mobile device are connected to the same wireless network.
- After turning ON the mobile device, go to the settings option and see the network’s IP address.
- Then click in the settings and click on the Wi-Fi option, and tap on the network name.
- After that, pen down the IP address.
- Then click on the “Settings”>> “System”>> “About” in the Roku TV to get aware of the IP address of the Roku device.
- Then insert the number next to the IP address field.
- If the number of the IP address is the same as those of the Roku device, it states that the Roku device and the phone are connected on the same network.
- If they both match, then the users are suggested to click on the “Connect Manually” option available in the mobile app and proceed ahead.
Steps to find the Roku IP address without the remote
- First of all, open the web browser.
- After that, type remoku in the browser’s address bar.
- Then start the downloading of the remoku by clicking on the “+Add” to chrome icon.
- After the installation gets complete, the “R” icon will appear on the screen.
- Then click on the “Settings” and hit on the Roku option on the network.
- After that, the users are suggested to select the scanning option to find the Roku IP address automatically.
The users can also find the Roku IP address by the following option mentioned below. These were the troubleshooting steps through which the users can easily find the Roku device’s IP address without using the remote. However, if the issue persists the same after applying the steps, then the users are suggested to contact the Roku customer service team for assistance.